Monday, February 10, 2014

Chandelier Pendant with Drum Shade for Guest Room

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Hi! Hope you all had a great labor day weekend! Davids brother was here, so we explored the coast and of course there was some DIY too! 


If you follow me on Instagram @sarahmdorseydesigns you might of seen this massive outdoor chandelier a few weeks ago. I spotted in the pile of freshly donated items at Habitat Restore, and after I asked how much, and heard $10 ... I said sold!


This weekend we finally got around to painting and installing it - I was inspired by the fabulous chandelier drum shade fixture at Young House Love!

We decided to install the rope fixture above the first landing on the stairs (more on that later) and the chandelier in the guest bedroom


The shade is 14" from Lamps Plus that I purchased a year or so ago for another project.

After priming, we airbrushed the pendant with BM Bali, a green gray blue (I think Rustoleum Glacier Ice is similar, but I couldnt find it in store)

The height that we wanted, it is completely constructed of parts from the left over chandelier (one advantage of buying a massive fixture, lots of parts!)


And a few with the lights on ...


I love how the light is redirected on the ceiling


It currently has (4) 25 watts bulbs from the rope fixture, but I would like to find a lower wattage since it takes 8 total. So I am off to find those today!

There is about 2.5" from the chandelier to the shade for air circulation!

and one last before and after ...


I also have plans for the glass exterior ... stay tuned to see if my idea works!

If anyone is interested, I will draw a diagram with the parts that we used to get the height, secure the shade, etc. Let me know :)




TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment