Sunday, February 23, 2014

Buffet ORama

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download

I'm on a buffet kick! Seriously, I've got like 3 of these waiting on the assembly line! 
I had picked this one up months ago. And, so it has sat in the garage awaiting my
divine inspiration and artistic creation......OK,,,,gag!
It sat because I was too lazy to get around to working on it. There. I said it. 


         However,,,,,sometimes things are best left to sit and simmer for a spell.....don'tcha think??


As usual, I took down the top to the raw. I love to sand! Applied a pre-conditioner, a gel stain (don't
remember exactly what I used. I mix my stains. Probably walnut and a red mahogany) and 2 coats of Deft water based acrylic top-coat in satin.  Please don't use a wipe-on poly on a nice piece of wood
like this. Deft in a can is so easy and it goes on beautifully. Get a good brush.
                    This is a fine example of "ribbon mahogany".  See all the lines running across the top?

I think distressing all the nooks and crannies really
adds so much to these old pieces. Sometimes you can
Read more »

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment